Hair transplantation is available for both men and women. The term refers to a variety of techniques for improving hair density or for covering bald areas with the patient's own hair.
Remedhealth.com offers you the access to the best treatments in the best clinics.
Foreign patients are accompanied by professional and multilingual patient assistants; Consultations and treatments are performed by qualified doctors.
Who is it for?
The amount of donor hair available plays a large part in determining hair transplant candidacy. Because hair transplantation involves removing healthy hair and transplanting it to areas in need, it is necessary to have follicles that are active and genetically resistant to hair loss.
Men that suffer from Male Pattern Baldness (MPB) generally experience hair loss only in certain areas of the scalp, with the sides and back unaffected. These unaffected areas can become suitable donor sites, making around 90% of men with this type of genetic hair loss good candidates for transplantation.
Because Female Pattern Baldness are more diverse. More commonly affects the entire scalp; stable donor areas are limited, often making women less eligible candidates for hair transplant surgery.
Only a hair transplant physician can determine whether you would be a good candidate or not. During your consultation, your doctor will analyze the extent of your hair loss and the amount of hair available in the donor region and advise you about the coverage you can achieve from surgery.
FUE is great for those wishing to wear their hair very short, since the technique does not leave any linear scarring. Additionally, people who have already had hair transplant surgery but desire different results should consider FUE.
When performed by an experienced and licensed physician, hair transplantation is a completely safe, outpatient procedure. In fact, FUE is the least invasive surgical technique, with minimal discomfort. With both FUE and FUT, pain medication and local anesthetics are used.
Post-operative instructions further help prevent any complications and most patients return to work the very next day.
A personal assistant supplied by Remed Assistance will welcome you at the airport, accompany you to the hospital and do the necessary translation in order to guarantee a worry-free medical trip experience in Turkey.
Preparations for the operation
- Consumption of medications which increase bleeding risk such as aspirin and some pain relief tablets is not advised one week before the Micro FUE hair transplant intervention. If you have to take these medications for other healthcare problems discuss this issue with your primary doctor and hair transplant physician for proper drug substitutions.
- Please do not smoke on the day of the intervention.
- On the evening before the intervention, you may wash your hair with a neutral shampoo, such as baby shampoo.
- On the day of your hair transplant intervention, have a light breakfast or a light meal.
- Please do not have your hair cut before the intervention. Our surgical team will include a haircut in your personal treatment plan.
- During the intervention, you will wear your own clothes. We recommend that you wear comfortable leisure clothes.
During the intervention, it will not be necessary to conduct any special examinations or blood tests, and therefore none will be done.
- First your physician will review your crown density, mark your hairline and remind you of the procedural steps. Afterwards, your hair in the donor area is shaved and anesthesia is administered to completely numb your scalp.
- Using a tiny instrument, the physician will remove individual follicular units (1-4 hairs at a time) from your scalp by making a slight circular incision around the follicular unit to isolate the graft. The graft is then removed from the scalp using a tweezer-like tool.
- Working with a high-powered stereo microscope, specially trained technicians isolate, prepare and ensure that the follicular grafts remain in optimal condition.
- Next, your doctor will make incisions to the depth of each follicle that follows the exact direction and angle of your hair growth. The creation of recipient sites is the most artistic part of the procedure, requiring a skilled and experienced physician.
- Follicular units are then carefully placed into the recipient sites. The one- and two-hair follicular units are primarily used in the frontal area of the hairline, while the three- and four-hair follicular units are generally placed behind them and on top of the head for more density.
- The follicle will enter into the process of normal hair growth. The tiny hole left behind after extraction will heal over the next few days, becoming undetectable even when hair is extremely short.
After the treatment
- You can expect to feel completely normal immediately following the procedure, due to the advances in local anesthesia techniques.
- A light dressing (bandage) will be placed over the donor area of your head (backside). Recipient hair transplant area will be left uncovered. We will put a cap on your head as camouflage. Please take this cap off when you arrive at your hotel or home, and leave your head uncovered. Do not let anything touch the recipient hair transplant areas, even the cap, during the first 24 hours after surgery.
- On the first night, it is critically important that the recipient areas do not touch anything (even the cap) and that the head is slightly elevated to prevent an edema (swelling) around the eyes. The best sleeping position would be to lie on your back, the donor back areas of your head propped up by pillows. You may find another position preferable. However, please remember that any sleeping position you choose that first night should elevate your head and prevent the recipient areas from coming in contact with anything.
- The light dressing over the donor area will be removed on the day following the intervention (Day 1). No extra care or treatment will be necessary for the donor back areas of the scalp. The tiny holes on your scalp will have already closed when we remove the bandage that day.
- On Days 1, 2 and later – if you so wish, you can either wear a hat or leave your head uncovered when you go outside.
- We will provide any required prescriptions and/or drugs you may need during the post operative recovery. Should you experience any discomfort, you may take a mild pain-killer pills 3 times a day. If you are taking any medications prior to the surgery, you can continue to take them following the surgery.
- Some patients may experience a slight edema (swelling) around the eyes following the surgery. This will improve in 2-3 days.
- You will be able to resume your normal daily activities the day after the Mikro FUE transplant intervention. You may travel by plane or by other transportation the next day.
- Please avoid any sexual activity during the first 2 days.
- Rigorous physical exercise or sports activities in general may be started or resumed 10 days after the hair transplantation intervention.
- Do not wash your hair during the first 2 days after your transplant.
You will be accompanied to the airport by a personal assistance. If necessary wheelchair assistance will be arranged in the airport. By provided flight authorization and medical report, you will take your flight to home!
After your return, Remedhealth.com agents will be available for any future request.